TRX uses your body weight and gravity as resistance to build strength, balance, coordination, flexibility, core and joint stability. It is accessible for everyone no matter your fitness level as the angle of exercise and reps can be adapted to make it easier or harder. It’s a great way of keeping things fresh as you can adapt normal body weight exercises to put a new spin on them. Whilst doing the majority of exercises on the TRX you will also be working your core as it helps to stabilise you throughout the movement.
How to use them:
Shortening the Straps: Hold one strap, press the black buckle toward you with your thumb and pull up on the yellow adjustment tab with your other hand to your desired position.
Lengthening the Straps: Holding both straps, simultaneously press both black buckles and pull down away from anchor point.
Upper Body Exercises to try:
- Start with your body in a straight line. Keep your arms straight and walk your feet forward until there is tension in the straps
- Keep your palms facing together and retract your shoulder blades back and down
- Pull your chest towards your hands keeping your elbows close to your body
- Lower your body back to the starting position and repeat
- Bend your arms slightly, relax your shoulders. Have your body in a straight line and lean backwards
- Take the handles out to the sides, keeping a slight bend in the elbow
- Release back to starting position and repeat
TRX Press Up
- Lower the TRX handles until they’re level with the middle of your shin
- Get into the push up position and pop your feet into the handles of the TRX
- Keeping your back flat, bend from the elbows and lower your chest to the floor
- Push back up to the starting position
TRX Tricep Press
- Have the handles so the length is just above your waist
- Hold the handles with your palms facing down, keep your body in a straight line and lean forward so your body makes a 45 degree angle with the floor
- Bring your hands in so that they are directly over your shoulders and extend arms out and up
- Release back to starting position
For more TRX ideas to add in to your workout why not have a catch up with one of our instructors…ask at reception to book your appointment today!
Steffi Davies, Level 3 Personal Trainer