How to make and keep your New Years Resolution…
- Make sure your goal is specific to you and you set out exactly what it is you want to achieve.
- Adjust goals regularly to reflect your achievements, knowledge and experience. If a goal is no longer important to you, it’s fine to set yourself a completely new challenge.
- By making a goal measureable you will be able to see your progression and therefore will keep you motivated to keep achieving. It is easier to work to a goal that you can measure e.g. rather than saying you want to tone up, say you want to lose 2” from your hips/waist etc.
- Make sure your goal is achievable, by breaking it down into more manageable smaller goals. This will make it less intimidating when working towards your overall goal.
- Make sure your goal is realistic. Yes, we would all love to look like one celebrity or another, but it would be more achievable to have a goal of adding an extra class into your weekly schedule or burn off an additional 200 calories per gym session.
- Make sure you set yourself a time frame to achieve it by, this will improve your motivation and give you a target completion date. When you achieve your goal, reward yourself! For example, a massage, new hair cut or have your nails done.
- Write your goals down… This will give them more force and keep you accountable.
If we can help you with any of these please ask at reception to book an appointment with one of our instructors who would be more than happy to help!
Steffi Davies – Level 3 Personal Trainer