why do you need water?
- your body is nearly two-thirds water and so it is really important that you consume enough fluid to stay hydrated and healthy.
- if you don’t get enough fluid you may feel tired, get headaches and not perform at your best.
how much do you need to consume?
- generally you should drink about 6-8 glasses of fluid per day, on top of the water provided by food you eat.
- drinking tea or coffee also counts towards your water intake, even though these drinks contain caffeine.
hydration & exercise
- the greater the amount of water lost through perspiration, the more water must be replaced to avoid dehydration.
- the body can’t tolerate large deficits in total body water, so if you are perspiring, you should be drinking frequently!