Motivation: “a reason for acting or behaving in a particular way” derived from ”motive” meaning needs, desires, wants or drives.
- “There is no one giant step that does it, it is a lot of little steps”
Think of your fitness journey one step at a time to see exactly what you have achieved rather than concentrating on how far you have to go.
- “Set goals, then demolish them”
A goal without a plan is just a wish so write down your goals and the steps you will take to achieve them.
- “Friends who exercise together get better results – buddy up!”
You are more likely to stick to your commitments if you have a gym buddy to meet, plus it makes the workout more fun!
- “It’s not about HAVING time, it’s about MAKING time”
Schedule “you” time and think of your gym session as an appointment with yourself – you wouldn’t just cancel an appointment with your boss or a client so why cancel one with yourself?
- “Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable”
PMA (positive mental attitude) – change your thoughts, use positive language and the results will follow.
- “Victory loves preparation”
If you fail to prepare then prepare to fail. Take your gym kit to work with you or get your running kit and trainers out ready for your morning run.
- “Variety is the spice of life”
Mix up your workouts and try something new – one of our challenges perhaps?!
- “Treat yo’self”
Acknowledge your achievements by a small incentive e.g. new workout clothes or a trip to your favourite theatre show.
YOU CAN DO IT!!
Jo Davies – Level 2 Fitness Instructor